90% of our jewellery is 925 sterling silver and plated with either 24ct gold or rhodium. Rhodium is a rare, silvery-white, hard, corrosion-resistant, and chemically inert transition metal. It is a noble metal and a member of the platinum group. The other 10% of our jewellery is made from solid 14ct gold or brass.

In order to get the most out of your plated jewellery, we've created some handy guidelines that will keep your pieces looking the best they can, for longer.

1. Remove jewellery when applying makeup, lotions or chemicals
Cosmetics, hairspray, perfume and lotions often contain chemicals in them that tarnish plated jewellery. Always remove and be careful not to spray perfumes on plated earrings!


2. Swimming and Saunas
Chlorine, salt water and intense heat (from saunas or steam rooms) can react with the metals in our jewellery causing colour changes and even structural damage.


3. Contact Sport and jewellery don't mix
Hard contact during sports (yes, we're talking to you weight-lifting ladies) can damage and misshape jewellery - so take it off and store it somewhere safe.


4. Store your jewellery well
You will have one of our lovely Heavenly boxes or pouches, we advise storing your jewellery in them overnight to stop oxidisation and discoloration.


5. Cleaning

To keep and maintain your Heavenly pieces like new, polish your jewellery frequently with a soft polishing cloth to maintain their shine. Occasionally clean with a specialist jewellery cleaning cloth or liquid cleaner. Always check the manufacturers instructions before to ensure it is suitable for the metal your pieces are made from. Don’t use harsh abrasive products when cleaning them and avoid using ultrasonic cleaners, which may cause damage.

If your jewellery tarnishes

When silver or plated jewellery is exposed to air over a longer period of time, it's likely to oxidise and turn a darker colour, sometimes it can even become black. Don’t worry though, this is absolutely normal. To restore its original look, use a jewellery cleaner to make your favourite pieces bright and shiny again.

How to store your jewellery

A polishing cloth won’t remove scratches, so it’s important to protect your Heavenly pieces too. Always store them separately in a tarnish-resistant jewellery box or pouch and keep away from abrasive surfaces. Try to keep your jewellery away from extreme temperatures, such as direct sunlight, extreme cold and dampness. If your jewellery is going to be stored in-between uses, we suggest you clean it prior to putting it away.